You can make a referral to Isles of Scilly Advocacy for; yourself, on behalf of a friend or on behalf of a family member for the following types of advocacy support:

If you or your relative/friend has a particular issue for which they need support to:


• Express their views, wishes and needs

• Be listened to

• Know and understand their rights

• Ensure they can be involved in a decision that needs to be made


AND one of the following apply, please make a referral using the 'Make a referral' button.

1) If you want to make a complaint about treatment you have received in a NHS service or service paid for by the NHS.  Before making a referral, we suggest you look at our self-help resources to see what the complaints process involves and what action you may be able to take without involving an advocate.


2) If you or the person being referred is detained under the Mental Health Act 1983 or subject to recall to hospital, the referral will go to an Independent Mental Health Advocate. An IMHA can help explain how the law applies to them and how to participate in, or appeal against, the plans made for their care and treatment.


Please note

If you or a member of your family require a needs assessment or carers assessment please contact Cornwall Council’s access centre on: 0300 1234 100  or email:


Click here to go to their website

Isles of Scilly Advocacy

Kent Advocacy Logo
Kent Advocacy Logo